app

Peasenhall New Inn

Peasenhall New Inn

Closed before 1874?

The Knoll

grid reference TM 358 695

The building dates from the late 15th century.

Understood to now be known as the Woolhall, this was once a place accommodating monks visiting the nearby Sibton Abbey.

Referred to as 'The Newe Inne" in deeds from 1478 to C18Listed buildings Register

We have studied licensing records from 1874 through to 1967 and found no sign of it; in addition it doesn't appear on any available OS maps (as early as 1884) so it seems it must have closed before 1874.

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X