North East, 52.18993,0.9947
opened about 1838
43 Bury St
grid reference TM 047 588
The Maybush was first mentioned by name in 1871. This Beerhouse was owned and run by members of the Brett family for most of its existence. In the picture it is the building on the left of the road in the foreground. The building no longer exists, the site was later a garage and now site of new housing.
It was owned by Morgan & Co after 1896.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)