Closed between 1840 and 1920
2 Compass St
grid reference TM 550 938 (approximate location)
The Compasses was previously listed in Dove Lane; the street was renamed Compasses Lane before 1861 and later became Compass Street.
The pub's listed at "back of Queens Head", High Street in 1839 and 1840.
It's listed between the Red Lion (Compasses Street) at 1 Compass Lane and the New Market Inn at numer 3 in censuses.
The 1891 census shows 2 Compass Lane as uninhabited.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)