Closed: between 1958 and 1979
grid reference TL 832 574
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
The Stag is shown as a beerhouse on OS maps at least as late as 1958; by the 1979 sheet it's marked as "Stag House" so must have closed between those dates.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.