app

Earl Stonham Cricketers

Earl Stonham Cricketers

52.195009,1.063297

Closed between 1920 and 1970

Church Meadow, Forward Green

grid reference TM 094 596

It can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

The old Cricketers was built in 1630, according to the date pargetted into the wall. It's shown as a beerhouse on OS maps at least as late as 1957, but apparently just as a house by the 1969 sheet, so presumably closed between those dates.

The 1910 Rates book records the Cricketers as a shop owned by Greene King. So it may be that it was only ever an off-sales beerhouse.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X