Closed: probably not long after 1911.
grid reference TL 994 647
The Oak can be seen on this old OS from about the end of the 19th century.
To be sold by auction, by instructions from the Trustees of the late Mrs Eleanor Baker and Mr George Randall Baker, deceased, Lot 3, The Oak beer house, Elmswell, well situated on the Ashfield Road, with wheelwright's shop and land.Ipswich Journal, July 1890**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.