also traded as Six Bells
opened 15th century
60 Blyburgate, NR34 9TQ
grid reference TM 424 900
Originally the Six Bells, it had become the Crown by 1829.
It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)
After confirmation that Robert Le Grys of Beccles had died, a number of licensed property that he owned in town were advertised for sale the following week including: The White Lyon, the Adam and Eve, and the Crown in Bungay,...in the Occupation of Widow Lauton at the yearly Rent of £15.Ipswich Journal, October 10th 1767***