Closed: between 1840 and 1920
6 Mill Low Rd
grid reference TM 414 863 (approximate location)
The precise location of this pub is not known, though it appears to have been somewhere fairly near where we've mapped it. Information extracted from the censuses has been included in the Historical section.
Please contact us if you can provide any additional information.
The Crown is listed in 1861 at Mill Low Road number 6, next to Crown Corner Cottage and then Horseshoes Farm and Wilderness Farm (in the west of the village).
The miller is listed in Mill Road in the 1861 census at schedule 1, with the Crown at 10 and the Duke of Marlborough at 19. The 1881 census lists the miller in Halesworth Road, between Cucumber Hall (probably on the east of the village where there's still a "Cucumber Lane") and Corner House.
A mill is known to have stood at TM 410 862 (though apparently demolished over a century ago) so the Crown may have been near here.