Important Covid information

Due to the latest lockdown regulations, pubs can no longer sell alcohol for takeaway or click & collect. Delivery is still permitted, as is the sale of takeaway food. We will update all entries on this site over the next few days to take account of the new situation.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Ipswich Prince Eugene

Ipswich Prince Eugene

also traded as Prince of Eugene, Prince Eugene's Head, Eugene's Head

Closed before 1840

St Margaret's Parish

grid reference TM 166 445 (approximate location)

The Prince Eugene is known to have been trading by the 1740s or earlier, but had closed during the 1770s.

Note that Cross Keys Street is now known as Carr Street.

The pub may have been renamed - if you know more please let us know.



Historical interest

Historical interest





NOTE: Prince Eugene of Savoy (18 Oct 1663 to 21 Apr 1736) was one of the most successful military commanders in modern European history and served three Holy Roman Emperors of the Hapsburg empire - see more details here

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)