app

Carlton Colville unidentified

Carlton Colville unidentified

52.44821,1.6956

Closed between 1840 and 1920

The St

grid reference TM 512 897

The beerhouse is shown on this old OS map from 1884 (larger map).

old OS map

The gentleman who runs the service station over the road tells us that this was once a beerhouse, pre-dating the adjacent Old Red House. (it may be that the license from this beerhouse transferred to the Old Red House when the latter opened).

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X