Closed before 1840
grid reference TM 163 446
According to an article in the EADT, there were once taverns on both corners at the junction of Tower Street and Tavern Street, though their names are lost to history. That's all we know about this establishment.
We don't know if the building now at this location is the pub, or a newer edifice, though it does have a blanked-out window on the top floor which is common to old pubs (where the sign would have hung).