app

Beccles White Lion

Beccles White Lion

Closed about 1775

15 New Market

grid reference TM 421 903

Occupied the building currently housing Sweet Memories and Best Estates. It's first mentioned in 1633, though the present building seems to date from about 1767. Its last mention as an open establishment is in 1775; in 1789 it's described as "formerly the White Lion". The name subsequently transferred to what had been the Angel up until then.

Another White Lion on Smallgate was built in 1774.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X