Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TM 422 904
The Chequers closed in 1875, when its license was transferred to the Sun, which was built in its yard (with frontage onto Newgate).
The map location and photo assume the street numbering scheme is unchanged.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)