North East, 52.4581,1.56865
opened between 1865 and 1871
44 Station Rd, NR34 9QJ
grid reference TM 425 904
The pub is shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)
Now residential. The star was built as a new pub some time between 1861 and 1871, on what was to become Station Road.
No frills, single bar pub offering a warm welcome. Convenient for the railway station.
Beer: Tolly Original.CAMRA's 1997 Suffolk Real Ale Guide
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Some information from records transcribed by Foxearth & District Local History Society.
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.