grid reference TL 964 397
It can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
Now residential. The building dates from the 15th or 16th century. It's about half a mile south of the main Boxford settlement, in the hamlet of Stone Street.
In 1937 the pub is listed in Kelly's Directory as one of 220 pubs that was retailing beer that they were brewing.
Raids have been made on 4 local pubs Fox & Hounds, Groton, Landlord Mr Tim Wood; White Hart, Boxford, Mr Mick Moore, The Compasses, Boxford (Stone Street) , Mr Tom Evans & The Angel, Stoke by Nayland, Mr Ian Blanshand.Hadleigh Weekly News, August 1st in 1980**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.