pulling together logo

Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Mettingham Tally Ho

Mettingham Tally Ho

also traded as Fox & Hounds, Fox

closed January 2009

opened 1785

Bungay Rd, NR35 1TL

grid reference TM 362 900

Snob screens engraved with the pub motif divided the bar up into a number of relaxed seating areas.

The pub has now been converted into tearooms.

It can be seen on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)

old OS map





Historical interest

Historical interest




(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.