Real Ale is sold here.
Main Rd, IP6 9HJ
grid reference TM 175 478
bar / diner, opened about 1830 (current building)
owner/operator: Ei Group/Deben inns
Part of the Deben Inns group, offering a wide range of food and drink in the nicely refurbished bar.
The original Swan was over the road in a building now called the Slade (see the gallery). It closed its doors in 1829 as a result of the enclosure of Westerfield Green. The current building opened about a year later.
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)