closed January 2009
1 Lower Olland St, NR35 1BY
grid reference TM 337 896
A grade 2 Listed Building which dates from the 17th century.
Now converted for residential use.
Also listed at 23 Lower Olland st.
The Angel is shown (though unnamed) on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)
Cocking at John Penny's, the Angel in Bungay.Ipswich Journal, March 10th 1753***
Died on the 24th of September at Blackmoor Farm, Wrentham, the greatly beloved and deeply lamented by her family and friends Emma, the dearly beloved wife of William Clemence, of the Angel Inn, aged 57.Ipswich Journal, October 1870**
At the Bungay Petty Sessions held in October 1875, the license for the Angel Inn, Bungay, was transferred from P Took to J Vallent. Ipswich Journal, Oct 1875**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.