app

Naughton Unidentified

Naughton Unidentified

Closed 1840-1920

New Rd

grid reference TM 029 480

Little is known about this, apart from plaques on the walls saying that it's "The Old Alehouse". If you can tell us anything about it, please get in touch.

It's shown as a beerhouse on the 1884 OS map, so we can be sure it dates back at least that far.

On 19 Apr 1888 at the Hadleigh Special Petty Session transfer of a license of a beerhouse on the New Road from George PRESTON to William PERCY; George Preston moving to the Wheel Inn Naughton to replace Gordon ROBERTS on the same day.Ipswich Journal, April 20th 1888**

It can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. old OS map

Larger map.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X