app

Bury St Edmunds Butchers' Arms

Bury St Edmunds Butchers' Arms

North, 52.24454,0.70775

closed 1991

opened 1839

24 King's Rd

grid reference TL 849 641

The pub is shown (though not named) on this OS town plan from about 1850 (larger map).

old OS map

Kings Rd was previously called Cemetery Rd. and Field Lane before that.

Listed at 18 Cemetery Rd by 1861, 20 Cemetery Rd. by 1874, 24 Cemetery Rd. 1891 and 24 King's Rd. by 1916. May have been in Field Lane earlier. (Street renaming and renumbering).

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X