app

Bury St Edmunds Exchange

Bury St Edmunds Exchange

also traded as Three Bulls

closed 1903

8 The Traverse

The core of the building dates from the 16th century, but the façade is 19th century.

The name probably changed about 1869.

The pub is listed variously at Beast Market (1823), 21 Great Market Place (1830), 21/22 Meat Market (1855), 21 Meat Market (1861-1892), 8 the Traverse (1900) and also Market Hill.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X