app
pulling together logo

Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Bury St Edmunds Wheatsheaf

Bury St Edmunds Wheatsheaf

closed 1982

opened 1850s

127 King's Rd

grid reference TL 848 641

King's Road was previously called Cemetery Road, and Field Lane before that.

Now a hairdresser's shop.

Listed at 45 Cemetery Road by 1881, 127 Cemetery Road by 1901 and 127 King's Road by 1916. (Street renaming and renumbering).

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)

X