app
close

Important Covid information

The first tranche of pubs (those able to serve outdoors) have now reopened. The rest of our pubs will be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to have reopened or to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Lidgate Royal Oak

Lidgate Royal Oak

also traded as Oak, White Hart

Closed between 1840 and 1920

The Street

grid reference TL 726 575

Now called Oak House, the building dates from the 17th century. It appears on the 1885 OS map as the White Hart and appears to have traded under that name roughly between 1871 and the late-1880s.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X