app

Needham Market Angel

Needham Market Angel

Closed about 1700

opened 1618

42-44 High St

grid reference TM 088 549

The Angel was a pub back in the 17th century. Despite over three centuries since the Angel closed, its name is still preserved by the café now occupying the building.

Malting and brewing also took place here for many years. Fox Maltings (44 High St) only closed in 1971.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

X