app

Erwarton Queen's Head

Erwarton Queen's Head

closed September 2009

opened 17th century

The St, IP9 1LN

grid reference TM 215 345

An attractive two bar pub with splendid views of the Stour estuary which was popular with local ramblers.

There were many exposed beams and woodwork in both bars especially the split level lounge/restaurant area which also had low ceilings and led into the separate conservatory area. Some interesting local pictures could also be seen.

Closed since 2009, this pub was purchased in November 2010 and was allegedly re-opening when renovation work was completed, with the addition of a café and art gallery. There have been rumours of work going on in the middle of 2016, but there was no obvious sign of this when it was visited at the end of October. The situation was still the same early in 2019.

The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X