Closed after 1916?
grid reference TM 481 970
The pub appears on this old OS map from 1884 (larger map)
The Crown is shown as a beerhouse on OS maps at least as late as 1891, it seems to have gone by the 1906 and subsequent sheets, so probably closed between those dates. It doesn't appear in the 1910 Rate Book, which adds evidence for this idea. Though it may have reopened subsequently; see the historical section.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.