grid reference TM 311 873
opened 16th century
Data from the Food Standards Agency live feed.
Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Mon: closed
- Tue-Thu: 1145-1445, 1830-2230
- Fri: 1800-2300
- Sat: 1145-1445, 1800-2300
- Sun: 1145-1545
- Hours may be extended by prior arrangement
- Mon: closed
- Tue-Thu: 1200-1430, 1800-2100
- Fri: 1800-2100
- Sat: 1200-1430, 1800-2100
- Sun: 1200-1500
regular real ales
Adnams Southwold, Woodforde's Mardlers
Local licensing authority for Flixton (nr. Bungay) is East Suffolk
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 28/10/2019
Flixton (nr. Bungay) Buck Inn
Real Ale is available here
The Street, NR35 1NZ
The Buck is an old half-timbered pub that was refurbished in 1999 and its bar includes many curios. Next door to the pub is the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, which is located on land supplied by a former owner of the pub. A curiosity is that Alan Breeze, one-time singer with the Billy Cotton Band, was landlord here for many years. A photograph of him behind the bar can be found at alanbreeze.com.
The car park also provides access to the Norfolk & Suffolk aviation museum with about 40 aircraft and various associated artefacts including details on USAAF & RAF Bomber Command groups and a ROC display from the former 6th (Norwich) group.
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Separate public bar
Function room available to hire
Traditional pub games available
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of the londonpublichouse.com website)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
The museum (founded in 1972) has Free Admission and is usually open from April to October each year.