app

Bury St Edmunds Beehive

Bury St Edmunds Beehive

also traded as Admiral Hervey, Bee Hive

Closed about 1912

opened 1858?

21 College St

grid reference TL 854 639

The old Beehive was built in the early or mid 19th century. The Listed Buildings Register suggests that the license was transferred here from the building at number 50 about 1858.

The main door (with 6 sunk panels) leads into a passageway with a similar doorway at the rear and apparently once led to the public house premises and stabling in the yard.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X