app

Wangford Wangford Arms

Wangford Wangford Arms

also traded as Lion, White Lion, Red Lion

South, 52.35549,1.61974

Closed between 1970 and 2000

opened pre-1839

35 High St

grid reference TM 465 792

The pub is shown, though unnamed, on this old OS map from 1883 (interactive map).

old OS map

A short lived micro brewery was based here.

The pub was just known as the Lion until the 1960s, when the "White" was prepended to the pub's name.

It's now residential.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X