Beck row is a distinct settlement within Mildenhall parish, close to the north entrance to the USAF airbase.
Excavations by Suffolk Archaeological Service have revealed local activity from Bronze Age to Roman period including remnants of a large timber aisled building, which was fully rebuilt after a fire and was then abandoned after a second fire in the 3rd century - possibly the earliest found evidence in Suffolk for a maltings?
Also see Burnt Fen, Holywell Row, Kenny Hill, West Row and Mildenhall. We have so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary of Beck Row, so only the Mildenhall parish boundary appears on our map.
Beck Row seems not to have been mentioned in Domesday.
The 1844 White's Directory lists Robert Fuller and James Hills as beer house keepers. The hamlet then had a population of 744.
The 1855 White's Directory lists Robert Fuller as a beer house keeper.
The 1861 census lists 4 unnamed beer houses:
James Cook/57y/Farmer & publican/Eriswell (Cake Street).
Robert Fuller/62y/Beer seller/Mildenhall (Homesey Green).
John Gromett/31y/Innkeeper/Denver, Norfolk (Homesey Green).
Francis Chalderstone/68y/Beer seller/Mildenhall (Aspal Lane).
The 1865 Kelly's Directory lists Robert Fuller as a beer retailer.…