also traded as Red Lion
South West, 52.39803,1.33558
Closed: uncertain - apparently some time between 1968 and 1997.
grid reference TM 270 830
The pub is shown on this old OS map of about 1903 (interactive map)
Although there are references to the Lion having closed in 1915, the Hoxne licensing records show it still open at least as late as 1968. It may have remained open after that year, but we have no concrete information.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.