Closed between 1957 and 1969?
The former Crown is now called "Gryffon House" probably named after "The Gryffon" an Inn that occupied this house prior to "The Crown".
(many thanks to current resident Colin Hardy who supplied this information)
The building dates from the early to mid 16th century.
The pub is shown on the 1957 OS map but has disappeared from the 1969 and subsequent sheets, so presumably closed between those dates.
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
A reference appears in the Ipswich Journal, July 7th 1734***, to the Crown Inn, Coddenham.
A report in the Ipswich Journal, May 19th 1739***, refers to George Cooper at the Crown, Coddenham
James Gardiner, from the Ten Bells, Stonham Aspall, has taken the Crown at Coddenham and is opening the most pleasant and agreeable Bowling-Green.Ipswich Journal, April 21st 1759***
To be lett, the large and good accustom'd Inn, called the Crown, at Codenham, which is rendered particularly commodious by having a compleat Brewhouse detached from the House; good Stall-Stables and every other Conveniency requisite for an Inn; a very pleasant Garden, a Bowling-Green remarkable for its agreeable Situation, and about 12 Acres of rich Arable and Pasture Land…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.