app

Needham Market Victoria

Needham Market Victoria

also traded as Victoria Arms

Closed about 1914

opened about 1871

118/120 High St

grid reference TM 086 552

Robert Button converted his home to a pub upon the closure of the Victoria beer house in 1868.

The 1909 Rates book records the Victoria Arms at 116 High Street, next to the Post Office. Could the Needham Market Institute have been the Post Office?

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)

X