app

Needham Market Wagon

Needham Market Wagon

also traded as Bell

closed 1756

opened 1544

125-127 High St

grid reference TM 087 551

The building can be traced back to 1437, and was built as a private house close to the church. St John's chapel was rebuilt in 1495 with a small bell tower, which may explain the earlier name.

Benjamin Garnham, a common carrier, lived at 127 in 1812 and may help to explain the renaming.

No further references have been found after 1756, when it was owned by Webster Adams, but may have become part of George.

The building was demolished in 1960.

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

X