app

Barking Blackbirds (Birds)

Barking Blackbirds (Birds)

also traded as Blackbird

closed 1965

opened 1860s

Barking Rd

grid reference TM 066 523

Now residential, the Blackbirds was originally only licensed as a beerhouse; it only got a full license on February 8th 1956, according to the Stow licensing records. It was known locally just as "the Birds".

It's shown here as a beerhouse on an OS map of the 1890s. (interactive map)

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Opening date from A Survey of Suffolk Parish History.

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X